29 October 2011

I've had my week painting without children being in school, and I've got the main features almost finished (only the flippers on the mermaid to paint silver over) and this is what they look like:

I'll be moving on to the smaller fish some time next week, but it's going to get a lot harder as the children will be back in on Monday and so I will have to work around that, but hopefully it'll be finished before Christmas...?

25 October 2011

A few weeks ago my local primary school (where, in January, I used to go into Reception class and create artwork with the children) asked me to paint them an underwater mural in the infant's cloakroom.

It looked like this at the time:
Not particularly child friendly...

So I drew up some ideas and we decided the main features would be an octopus, a mermaid and a turtle and then I would fill the rest of the wall with fish, seahorses, jellyfish, starfish, crabs and all sorts of sea creatures.

On the evening of the children breaking up (Friday 21st October), myself and two teachers rolled our sleeves up and stormed through the painting of the blue base coat and it looks loads better already:

Today I drew out (in pencil) and filled in (with white emulsion) the mermaid, octopus and turtle. I had traced my designs onto acetate and used an OHP to project the images onto the wall:

09 October 2011

Please check out the bags I now have for sale in my Etsy Store.

In other news, I'm off to London (again) for the Demons Never Die premiere in Leicester Square tomorrow. See you on the red carpet!