25 November 2011

Miriam and I took a trip to Liverpool today to have a look round some crafty shops, kitsch shops and charity shops. Whilst stuffing our faces with burgers and milkshakes in Rockerfellas, we had a good discussion about what we are making for the Cracking Christmas Craft Fair, where we have a stall and will take place in Preston on 10th December (2 weeks arghhh!).

I found some lovely books for 95p each that I am going to cut up and make new stuff with (although I'm keeping the beautifully illustrated Augustus and His Smile to give to my nephew as part of his Christmas box).
A New House for Eeyore, Vicky's New Hat, Augustus and His Smile

I also found an ordnance survey map from 1961 for £1.99 in Oxfam. I love old maps and intend on framing the ones I have collected to put up somewhere in my future home. So far I have one of South Wales (where I went to uni) and this one which I bought for Dan as he is from Liskeard and it has all the places we have adventured in Cornwall together.

Here is the blue canvas, owl fabric and ribbons I rooted out in the wonderous world of Abakhan where we spent most of our time admiring everything and being very indecisive.

Also from Abakhan, I got some grey, silver, purple and mustard velvet (each half a metre and 60p for all 4) and then a set of Reeves Watercolours (for £3! Bargain) to replace my trusty Windsor and Newton Watercolours (lost those ones - sad face) from the most random 'Craft Shop' I've ever seen in my life.

2 comments: