11 May 2012

I finished the wall mural!

It was actually finished about a month ago, but I'm not too confident about mixing indoor lighting with photography so it took me ages getting round to taking photos. Apologies to anyone who may have been sitting on the edge of their seats waiting to see the finished product, but here it is!

Right wall (please excuse my cheeky little nephew!)
 
 
 


Back wall



Left wall
Mr. Eel is definitely my favourite

Although I didn't see the school children's reactions, my nephew, Jack's, pointing and 'oooh'ing and fish impressions were good enough for me!

I've really enjoyed painting on such a big scale and, hopefully, I'll get the chance to do it again one day. As I completed more and more of the mural I became a lot more confident with size, spacing and the actual painting of each character. I'm much happier with the left wall and did a lot more free hand drawing rather than using the projector as I had done on the right wall and I can definitely see the progression and improvement from when I first started back in October.

Anyway, let me know what you think!

4 comments:

  1. Looks amazing jess! You could come paint on Theo's bedroom wall!

    I love the eel too and the octopus and the jelly fish and an, I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Miss Oliver!

    I would love to start doing this kind of thing for real so perhaps I could come over when I've finally moved down to Bristol and build up my portfolio! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jes this looks fab, an amazing job!
    Well done you.
    I thought the Seahorse were my fave until I saw the Eel, he's well cool.
    Fantastic work x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is so incredible, well done Jes! I'm sure the kids really appreciate it and this will look great in your portfolio xxx

    ReplyDelete